The mods on the Aopen HX08 are pretty standard, as this was my first case, and consist of the following:
- One 120mm chimney fan sucking air out of top.
- One 120mm ducted fan in bezel in lower front blowing air into the case and onto the RAID controller.
- Two 80mm fans mounted at the top rear, blowing onto the three hard drives.
- Two SPDT switches for the two 120mm fans in a 5-off-12 configuration mounted in a 5-1/4″ bay.
- Dremel cuts in the top piece of the case to facilitate the removal of the side panels without having to remove the top.